top of page
Visa Background.png

Practice Areas

Employment-Based Immigration:

B-1 Visitor Visas: The B-1 (Business Visitor) visa is available to visitors coming to the U.S.​ temporarily for business. Nationals of certain countries may be eligible under the Visa Waiver Program to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.


E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas: Investors and traders and their employees may receive 
visas to carry on their businesses in the U.S. if their home country has a commercial treaty with the U.S. conferring visa eligibility.

H-1B (Specialty Occupation) Visas: Professional workers with at least a bachelor's degree/equivalent work experience may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position, and that they will perform highly specialized/complex job duties in the position.


​J-1 Waivers: A J-1 waiver is a legal process that allows certain J-1 visa holders to be excused from the requirement of returning to their home country for a minimum of two years after completing their exchange program in the United States. This waiver is typically sought for various reasons, such as the fear of persecution if they return to their home country, an offer of employment in the U.S., or exceptional hardship to their U.S. citizen or permanent resident family members. J-1 waivers are subject to specific eligibility criteria and application procedures, and they are typically administered by the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas: L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer's U.S. affiliate. 


O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas:  Available to foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, including entertainers, athletes, scientists, and business persons.


EB-1A: To be eligible for the EB-1A visa, applicants must demonstrate extraordinary ability in their field. Evidence of extraordinary ability typically includes awards, publications, significant contributions to their field, and other forms of national or international acclaim.


​EB-2: Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business: Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process. The labor certification involves a testing of the job market to demonstrate that the potential visa holder is not taking a job away from a U.S. worker. In cases where an individual can show that his entry is in the national interest, the job offer and labor certification requirements can be waived, and worker can apply for a National Interest Waiver. 


EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals: Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.

Family-Based Immigration 


​Family-based immigration in the United States encompasses various categories that allow U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to sponsor certain family members for immigration benefits. These categories foster family reunification and enable eligible relatives to join their loved ones in the U.S.

These services include green cards through marriage or other familial relationships and K-1 visas. 

U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization 

Naturalization is the process through which foreign nationals who are not born in the United States become U.S. citizens. To become a naturalized U.S. citizen, eligible immigrants must meet specific requirements. 

bottom of page